Yogurt is eaten worldwide because of its various health benefits. These days, one can find various kinds of yogurt in any local store. However, it is essential to remember that the pre-packaged yogurt available in the market contains too many preservatives. That is why, it is always advisable to make yogurt at home, as it is much safer and it will taste better too. In this article, we will be talking about how to make yogurt at home safely.
Know all the ingredients required to make your own yogurt
There are various ingredients required, but they are easily available at home. These ingredients and their measurements have been mentioned below –
- Make sure that you gather all kinds of measuring cups, so that you can measure the ingredients accurately.
- Get a small packet of live culture yogurt because you will need only 2 tablespoons of it.
- Get full fat milk and you will be needing 4 cups of it. Remember that higher the amount of fat you will be using, better the quality of yogurt you will obtain.
- Grab a pot or any saucepan.
- A whisk or a hand mixer
- Grab any old t-shirt or cheese cloth to strain the yogurt better.
- ¼ cup of milk powder.
If you are regular at making yogurt, you should check out yogurt makers at Yummy Yogurt, which are the best sellers. You can find a wide variety of models today.
How to make yogurt? – follow the steps
Follow the steps given below to make yogurt –
- Firstly, you need to pasteurize the milk for about 3-7 minutes.
- Allow the milk to cool down for 40-45 minutes.
- Now add the bacteria (live culture yogurt) and whisk the milk properly.
- You can now pour the milk into any container with a lid and let it sit.
Lastly, warm up the mixture in the oven for a few minutes and keep it at rest for at least 4 hours. Finally, you can strain off the water using your cloth and your yogurt is ready.